Administration Support - 12 Month Maternity Cover
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to provide effective office based support to the area passenger service management team and provide assistance to the day to day administration of the general manager area.
Your responsibilities will include the below but will not be limited to:
- Assist with arranging of hearings and meetings, taking minutes as required
- Arrange periodic and special medicals
- Issue equipment, uniform and briefing notes
- Produce weekly timesheets for payroll for area management groups
- Liase with Procurement Clerks and Depot Managers regarding the issuing of stock
- Ordering of uniform
- Maintain a filing system of documents if required, which meets all company standards and supply information to the depot managers if requested
- Plan events for passenger/staff engagement
The Ideal Candidate
To excel in your role, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proficient in: Outlook, Excel and Word applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent organisation skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Minute taking experience
- Able to demonstrate a high standard of confidentiality
- Ability to meet objectives and work within a team, liaising with other areas of the business
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 24 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays).
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway