Administration Support - 6 - 9 Month Secondment/Fixed Term Contract
We are seeking an Administration Support Officer to join our team based in Ashford.
You will provide an effective administration service for the Training & Apprenticeship teams.
Duties will include;
- Responsible for scheduling of courses, producing Joining Instructions and recording attendance of delegates.
- Adhere to procedures to ensure that all persons attending Safety Critical courses have the correct medical certificates, and assessment profiles in accordance with company safety requirements prior to being trained.
- Assist with the preparation of relevant course material and ensuring that the delivery environment is ready and fit for purpose.
- Arranging meetings and minute taking.
- Assist with the production of reports as required.
- Maintain databases as required
- Responsible for ordering and controlling office supplies
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous administration experience.
- Proficient in: Outlook, Excel and Word applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines for a large team
- Excellent organisation skills
- Able to demonstrate a high standard of confidentiality
- Must be able to work on own initiative providing accuracy at all times.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 24 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays).
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SE Trains Limited