You will provide effective office based support to the Area Passenger Service management team and assistance with the day to day administration of the General Manager’s area and Team Organiser.
Duties will include;
- Assist with arranging of hearings and meetings, taking minutes as required.
- Arrange periodic and special medicals and maintain all records/paperwork as required.
- Liaise with procurement clerks and area managers regarding ordering of all ticket stock, cleaning stores and general purchasing.
- Issue equipment, uniform and briefing notes, obtaining signatures where required.
- Maintain a filing system of documents if required, which meets all company standards and supply information to the area manager’s team as required.
The Ideal Candidate
To excel in your role, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good working knowledge of IT systems to include Word and Excel experience.
- Good standard of education with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience in dealing with people and providing assistance.
- Proactive and able to work under pressure and to deadlines whilst providing accuracy at all times.
- Honesty and Integrity – Is transparent and honest and takes full responsibility for actions. Demonstrates confidence and courage and deals effectively with difficult situations.
- Administration & Organisation – Undertakes relevant administration duties effectively, plans and coordinates own work load demonstrating good organisation.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- 24 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays).
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,000 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway