Amended Planning Specialist
The Amended Planning Specialist will be required to work within agreed timescales on the development, compilation and production of effective and efficient revised train plans in response to any factors that may affect the normal train plan.
You will produce and submit appropriate information regarding the revised train plan to relevant operational and administrative personnel in a suitable format and within agreed timescales.
The post holder will also liaise with other activities, both within and external to Southeastern as appropriate, in order to ensure all aspects of the revised Train Plan are taken into account.
The Ideal Candidate
To excel in your role, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to evaluate and solve complex planning scenarios.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills
- Commercial Awareness.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Understanding and appreciation of computer software systems
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 24 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays).
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway