Colleague Inclusion & Diversity Partner
We are seeking a Colleague Inclusion & Diversity Partner to join our team based from our Head Office in London Bridge.
You will support the implementation of the Inclusion and Diversity strategy to create and embed an inclusive workplace culture where all colleagues can come to work, feel safe to be themselves and make others feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Working together with internal and external groups, you will drive and shape Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) at Southeastern, promoting good relations and practices and reducing workplace discrimination.
Additionally, the post holder will deliver EDI projects that are accessible and inclusive for everyone and in line with our targets.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for the role you will need to demonstrate the below in your application;
- Experience working on projects or initiatives that celebrate diversity, promote inclusion in the workplace
- Ability to assist in the development and maintenance of action plans that align with strategy, objectives and targets
- Experience of analysing and interpreting numerical data and translating such data into meaningful information
- Understanding of the benefits that inclusion and diversity brings
- Knowledge of colleague network groups and how they can be successful in practice
- Able to network effectively and build constructive working relationships
- Strong analytical skills
- Organisational and project management skills
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,700 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SE Trains Limited