Communications Business Partner
We are seeking a Communications Business Partner to join our team based from our Head Office in London Bridge (Hybrid Working) on an 18 month fixed term contract.
The Communications Business Partner will work closely with the Senior Internal Communications Manager and other senior stakeholders to develop and deliver communications plans and messaging designed to successfully manage change.
You will act as a business partner to the business, providing communications advice, guidance and develop messaging. This will include design and delivery of effective communication plans to help business areas achieve their objectives and priorities.
You will also ensure that all communications are aligned with and underpin Southeastern’s business objectives, purpose, vision and values.
If this role sounds of interest click 'Apply' to complete our application form.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the following in your application;
- Significant experience of working in a Communications role
- Significant background in change communications and engagement
- Experience of communicating through periods of industrial action
- Proven track record in developing and delivering successful communication campaigns
- Experience in planning and producing communication and publicity material
- Proven ability to present complex material in a simple, understandable way
- Experience of project management, time management and meeting deadlines
- Experience of planning and delivering events
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited