Compliance Manager (Train Presentation) - 12 month FTC
As a Train Presentation Compliance Manager, your role will be to ensure that the cleaning operatives, supervisors and managers are adhering to the relevant Risk Assessment and Method Statement for any tasks and activities undertaken and ensure that all relevant safety and personal protection rules and standards are being followed.
You will ensure that all Southeastern trains are cleaned to the specification of the cleaning contract and at the required frequency specified. You will also ensure that Southeastern’ s cleaning contractor is delivering the correct levels of staff and supervision to the depots and other cleaning locations, as specified in the contract and that contractor can demonstrate that their staff are adequately trained, competent and supervised to deliver the output specification as per the cleaning contract. Finally, you will take a leading role in support of the contract cleaning supplier in undertaking any investigations into accidents or incidents involving the contract cleaning supplier.
Based at Gillingham, you will be required to work 37 hours per week. This job is shift based, and your shifts will include days, nights, weekends and bank holidays.
The Ideal Candidate
To excel in this role, ideally you should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Hold an IOSH Certificate in Safety
- Good Basic verbal & numerical skills.
- Experience in computer based systems such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Customer focused with strong business awareness.
- Clean UK full driving licence is desirable.
- PTS certification
- Good statistical analysis skills.
- Ability to produce clear and accurate reports and recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence people at all levels of the organisation.
- To be able to work to tight deadlines and on own initiative.
- Ability to make quick accurate decisions in the interest of the business.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway