Digital Learning Manager
We are seeking applications for a Digital Learning Manager based across London & Kent for a 2 year fixed term contract (Hybrid Working)
The Digital Learning Manager will be fully accountable for the design and creation of engaging eLearning content.
You will take ownership of each project assigned and liaise with subject matter experts to define course requirements, script storyboards, and then build the courses in-house.
There will also be requirements to oversee, and project manage 3rd party supplier course builds to help rapidly expand the library of courses available to colleagues.
This role provides a considerable amount of autonomy and requires the management of multiple projects. Therefore, the right candidate needs to be a self-starter; driven; highly organised; accustomed to working to deadlines; and provide regular progress updates to the Senior Digital Learning Manager and key Stakeholders.
This role will join an existing team that consists of one experienced Digital Learning Manager, and both roles will report into the Senior Digital Manager. Each role will have their own projects to manage, which supports the overall digital strategy for the business
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the below in your application:
- Proven experience in designing and creating eLearning content.
- Experienced in using Articulate Storyline to create courses.
- Experienced in using the Adobe Creative Suite: Audition, Premier Pro, Captivate
- Proven experience in scripting and creating storyboards for eLearning.
- Experience of working with Subject Matter Experts to define storyboard content.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Experience of filming creative content using DSLR cameras and lighting equipment.
- Ability to create graphics using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience of administrating an LMS.
- Experience of using a LMS authoring tool to create eLearning content.
- Experience of using Adobe After Effects.
- Confident in hosting webinar training sessions.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SE Trains Limited