Engineering Apprentice - 4 Positions
This is a four-year scheme designed to provide you with the appropriate
qualifications and competencies to become a skilled service engineer with
Southeastern. The 1st year will be full time at college learning to give you a broad
base of knowledge and understanding of engineering. The remaining 3 years of the
apprenticeship are based in the workplace with day release at college. You will have
the option to gain exposure across various engineering locations and departments on
the Southeastern network including the production and the technical teams.
The Ideal Candidate
- • 4 x GCSE’s (Grade C / 4 minimum) including English, Maths and Science
- • Good verbal communication skills
- • To be proactive when it comes to problem solving
- • Good team working skills
- • Should be computer literate with a basic knowledge of information technology
- Must possess good written and numerical skills.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 32 days annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
- London allowance should you be based in Slade Green
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,000 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway