Engineering Planning Manager
To lead and motivate the Engineering Planning Team in their day to day activities and their longer term development.
To ensure that the Engineering Planning Team is effective in delivering maintenance and defective rolling stock to the various depots and locations to facilitate the required activities on the identified rolling stock.
Responsible for the day to day delivery of rolling stock from Engineering to Passenger Services in terms of ensuring that rolling stock availability and capacity is maximised against the fleet requirements.
Responsible for ensuring that the long term maintenance requirements of the rolling stock match the timetable requirements and future timetable developments reflect Engineering’s maintenance requirements.
Represent Engineering at various stakeholder meetings, working with a wide range of both internal and external departments and stakeholders, with the aim of improving business process through continuous improvement.
The Ideal Candidate
- Leadership and management experience
- IOSH qualification
- Customer focussed with strong business awareness.
- Good statistical analysis and numeric skills.
- Proven ability to communicate and influence
- Good personal organisational skills
- Must have a good level of knowledge of operating procedures and standards
- NVQ Level 3 in an Engineering discipline or equivalent
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Good technical understanding of all rolling stock operated by Southeastern
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway