Engineering Systems Data Analyst - 12 month contract
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity? SE Trains Ltd are seeking Engineering System Data Analysts to transform data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. Working with external and internal data to reveal patterns and relationships to support business objectives.
The focus will include data discovery, data gathering, data systems development, data analysis and reporting capabilities together with continuously performance monitoring and establishing mechanisms to identify improvements, measure business benefits and undertake gap analysis.
The position will require the successful applicants to creatively apply the most appropriate analytical methods to address business questions, which will include identifying, analysing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets.
It was also include working across the business with a wide range of stakeholders asking the right questions to solve problems and to communicate the data in a timely, relevant and stakeholder-centric manner
For full details of responsibilities please see attached the job description.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful applicant should ideally have a degree in any of the following areas: Sciences or Social Sciences, Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics
- Power user of Excel and analytical tools such as Power BI, proficient in Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Solid understanding of structured data sources, specifically SQL databases.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong desire and willingness to undertake a regime of self-learning (via training courses and in practise) for developing skills in the use of a variety of software (e.g., Power BI, SQL, Azure tools etc)
- Proven working experience as a data analyst is desirable, however there is a considerable scope for personal growth and skills development within the role.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience undertaking statistical analysis is desired
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SE Trains Limited