Facilities Contract Support
You will provide professional support to the Senior Contract Manager and Facilities team, including the management of diaries and ensuring all contractual paperwork is maintained, allowing the Contract Managers to focus on their daily managing of contracts. You will also manage the day-to-day operation of some of the smaller contractual agreements and works delivery.
The position of the Facilities Contract Support will involve but is not limited to the following duties:
- Managing team diaries on a daily basis and ensuring that relevant itineraries/agendas are supplied and adhered to.
- Managing telephone and e-mail enquiries on behalf of the Contract Manager’s and Facilities Team and responding accordingly.
- Raising purchase orders and developing a process to ensure invoices and payments are made to external parties accurately and timely. Ensuring efficient receipting and budget monitoring to ensure the Finance team are aware of budget spends.
- Managing HR procedures in accordance with the company’s HR Policies & Procedures Manual and advising managers accordingly.
- Maintaining a filing system of statutory documents, which meets all company standards.
- Maintaining of asset databases including statutory compliance.
The Ideal Candidate
To excel in your role, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good working knowledge of IT systems to include Word and Excel experience.
- Good standard of education with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience in dealing with people and providing assistance.
- Proactive and able to work under pressure and to deadlines whilst providing accuracy at all times.
- Honesty and Integrity – is transparent and honest and takes full responsibility for actions.
- Demonstrates confidence and courage and deals effectively with difficult situations.
- Administration & Organisation – undertakes relevant administration duties effectively, plans and coordinates own work load demonstrating good organisation.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
We have also won the Top Employer award at the Women in Rail Awards 2022!
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited