As a Facilities Maintenance Manager, you will manage the plant maintenance team, and you will be responsible for planning preventive maintenance and repair of all infrastructure including buildings, facilities, tools, equipment, and services for the engineering and train crew depots. You will be required to meet contractual obligations of the depot lease agreements to infrastructure/facility management.
You will also be responsible for compiling periodic reports to allow monitoring of facilities performance and deliver effective maintenance processes towards the full asset management life cycle. Finally you will ensure all facilities management tasks are completed ensuring full compliance with current legislation, company, industry and contractual requirements
The Ideal Candidate
- Good leadership skills and the ability to motivate others.
- Technical qualification in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of safety legislation and audit procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of statutory maintenance requirements for plant and test equipment.
- Fully computer literate in the use of Microsoft operating systems and office packages.
- Self- motivated and the ability to ‘follow through’ in achieving goals.
- Proven good communication and literacy skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway