Head of Inclusive Customer Experience
We are seeking a Head of Inclusive Customer Experience to join our team based from London Bridge.
You will be responsible for devising the strategy and establishing the specification of the Customer Experience at Southeastern, incorporating Station, On Board and other settings.
You will lead the organisation's strategy and plans to ensure that accessibility and inclusion are at the heart of all customer experiences and that all customers are served appropriately in relation to their needs.
The Head of Customer Experience will need to build strong relationships with both internal stakeholders and wider industry peers to ensure that the customer is at the forefront of initiatives by acting as the internal “voice of the customer”.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for the role you will need to demonstrate the below in your application;
- Previous management experience in the field of customer experience and/or programme management
- Previous experience of working in a customer service business with a proven track record of delivering a high-quality customer experience (particularly in the transport or retail sector)
- Experience of successfully working to deadlines and of delivering change and performance outcomes
- Strong understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methods and analytics
- Experience of working in a setting that manages physical and digital customer experiences holistically.
- Organised able to prioritise effectively based on insight and understanding of corporate and broader goals
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills and the ability to build effective relationships and influence change at all level
- Experience of working in complex and often pressurised environments
- Transport industry experience
- Experience working with market research, data analytics, journey mapping software or tools
- Experience or exposure to digital user experience design, and ecommerce flows
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible Benefits scheme
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SE Trains Limited