Health & Safety Information Systems Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge? Look no further we now have an opening for a Health & Safety Information Systems Manager. This role is to provide oversight, development and administration of Southeastern’s health and safety management information systems, including the Assure health and safety software suite, the SharePoint based Site Access Authorities system and other information systems.
- Manage and operate Southeastern’s Close Call Reporting system
- To act as Administrator for the Safety & Environment elements of the Southeastern intranet, including working with the Communications team to maximise the value of intranet content.
- Establish and administer Southeastern’s health and safety management information system (currently “Assure”) to maximise its value to the business, including management of permissions, development of templates, amendment and expansion of the system as required.
- Oversee Southeastern’s SharePoint based Site Access Authorities system, working with colleagues and contractors as necessary to maximise the use and value of the system across the business.
- Act as GDPR lead for the Safety & Environment team, making sure that all S&E systems are GDPR compliant and that appropriate retention, archiving and deletion arrangements are in place.
- Work with HR and other departments as necessary to implement systems which, so far as is possible, maximise the use of data and avoid the need for double entry (e.g. for lists of current employees produced by HR but used by S&E systems)
- Act as Document Controller for all Company Standards, developing and maintaining efficient and effective systems for document management, including version control.
- Provide training, coaching and support on S&E software systems as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of information and software systems, preferably including a working knowledge of SharePoint.
- Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications – Desirable or working towards
- General interest in health, safety and wellbeing.
- Understanding of health and safety requirements and processes.
- IOSH Managing Safety, NEBOSH Certificate or similar H&S qualification desirable, otherwise must be willing to receive training.
- Well organised, with the ability to assimilate information rapidly, including working with novel systems.
- Critical, analytical and problem-solving skills, a high level of accuracy and a drive for continuous improvement.
- Proactive approach to work – ability to use own initiatives
- Able to prioritise work and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication and people skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues at all levels and across all departments.
- Professionalism - interacts with others in a sensitive an effective way. Respects and works well with others.
- Self-motivated, collaborative and willing to work as part of a team.
- Approachable and supportive of colleagues
- This is a key role in enabling and supporting the implementation of software-based tools which will allow Southeastern to simplify its health and safety management systems whilst increasing performance and assurance.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SE Trains Limited