IT Network Manager
We are seeking an IT Network Manager to join our team based from our Head Office in London Bridge (hybrid working).
You will take ownership of the network infrastructure and architecture for Southeastern, including end-to-end design, daily management, operational security, and service improvement activity across 192 sites, including stations, train maintenance depots, data centres and office locations.
Leading a team of 4 network engineers, you will work closely with the Service team to address incident and request tickets in line with SLA’ s relating to the network.
You will also work with the organisations’ network delivery and support partners to ensure uptime is maximised, integrity is maintained, and performance is optimised.
Additionally, you will participate in IT and business led projects to ensure the networking impact is understood, that capacity requirements are factored into the technical delivery plan and budgets to ensure that introduction to service is successfully completed.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role we recommend you demonstrate the below in your application;
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Experience of leading a team
- CCNP Enterprise (R+S/Wireless) / Security accreditation or equivalent
- SD-WAN deployment and management experience
- Experience in owning / managing a supplier relationship with a major telco at both a service and technical level
- Routing/switching configuration and management including;
- good understanding of MPLS CE router configuration and network operations
- good understanding of enterprise routing protocols (BGP/OSPF)
- experience with QOS design, implementation, and management
- Aruba / HPE switching configuration and management
- Cisco ASA, NGFW & WLC configuration and management
- ZScaler Internet Access (ZIA) management
- F5 BIG-IP configuration and management (APM / LTM)
- F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator (desirable)
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
We have also won the Top Employer award at the Women in Rail Awards 2022!
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited