IT Roaming Engineer
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? SE Trains is seeking an IT Roaming Engineer to join our team based in our Head Office in London Bridge (Monday-Friday with on call duties).
The Roaming Engineer role plays an essential part in ensuring the IT Team help Southeastern operate as effectively as possible in providing these services to its stakeholders.
One of the main aspects of the role will be to resolve 2nd and 3rd line IT Service Desk support incidents efficiently and effectively for remote locations, whilst managing colleague relations and expectations with great diplomacy.
- Providing high levels of customer service support
- Ensuring clear communication is maintained with colleagues and 3rd party suppliers at all times
- Obtain a clear understanding of the business and personal impact of incidents to enable effective prioritisation of the ticket
- Managing the expectations of the affected colleague(s)
- Resolving incidents as quickly as possible
- Working with, and/or escalating incidents to 3rd line support where necessary, to ensure a timely and effective incident or request resolution
The port holder will participate in the problem management process to eliminate or mitigate against root causes of re-occurring incidents for remote locations, in conjunction with the 2nd and 3rd line support teams.
Additionally, you will be involved in infrastructure projects relating to Server and back-office infrastructure items. Supporting all sites on the WAN including stations and depots with any Hardware or Network faults.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the below in your application;
- Substantial experience in a similar environment working on Incident and Problem management.
- Excellent understanding of all Microsoft operating systems (Windows 7 and 10, Windows, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016)
- Experience of LAN trouble shooting and support
- Experience of supporting desktop environments (including Imaging)
- Technical support experience, especially faulting, repair and maintenance
- ITIL accreditation to Foundation level
- Microsoft MCSE
- HND or equivalent
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SE Trains Limited