IT Systems Engineer
To resolve 3rd line IT incidents, requests and problems efficiently and effectively, whilst managing customer relations and expectations with great diplomacy.
- Ensuring that Service Desk calls are actioned within timescales set and that all incidents, problems, faults and requests are logged and updated in the Service Desk Management System correctly with the correct priorities, categories and comprehensive details.
- Carry out regular maintenance tasks on services and servers to ensure their ongoing health, security and performance levels remain at expected levels
- Lead or participate in the implementation of service changes (addition, enhancement or upgrade), including support for testing these streams.
- Support the 2nd line and Field Engineers is carrying out their duties.
- Participate in an on-call escalation rota, covering nights and weekends, including bank holidays.
- Support the field engineers, partnering with specific engineering and crew depots to provide support and insight
The Ideal Candidate
- 2 years experience working in 3rd line Incident, Request, Knowledge and Problem management.
- Experience of supporting WINTEL operating systems.
- MCSE (or equivalent)
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Teamwork Administrator Associate (or equivalent – Desirable)
- ITIL Foundation certification (Desirable)
- Citrix Administrator with good skills in Zenapp7.x
- O365 Administrator.
- Good SharePoint Admin Skills.
- Good SCCM skills.
- Really good Server skills that show the complete lifecycle of servers, from building, maintaining, fault resolution and eventual decommissioning.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway