IT Systems Engineer
We are seeking an experienced IT Systems Engineer to join our team based from London Bridge.
The post holder will resolve 3rd line IT incidents, requests and problems efficiently and effectively, whilst managing customer relations and expectations.
You will have involvement in infrastructure projects relating to Services, Server and Back office Infrastructure items and support all sites on the WAN including stations and depots with Hardware or Network related faults.
In addition, the post holder will participate in the out of hours incident escalation rota, to resolve critical incidents that occur over weeknights and weekends.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you should demonstrate the below in your application;
- Experience of working in 3rd line Incident, request, knowledge and problem management.
- Good SCCM skills.
- Server skills that show the complete lifecycle of servers, from building, maintaining, fault resolution and eventual decommissioning.
- Citrix Administrator with good skills in xenapp7.x
- Office 365 Administrator.
- SharePoint Admin Skills.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway