Information Delivery Team Member - 12 Month Secondment
Are you looking for a new challenge? Look no further we have an opening for an Information Delivery Team Member to look after our customers on social media and deliver information in real-time through our digital displays at stations, announcements and other systems, particularly when things go wrong and there’s disruption to the train service. If you’re passionate about information, have a flair for social and can remain calm under pressure, this could be the role for you!
- Operate the CIS equipment correctly with speed, efficiency and accuracy, especially in times of service disruption.
- Update the status of any disrupted train services via the Tyrell system as advised by the Train Service Manager in a timely fashion to ensure passengers receive updates on service status as quickly as possible.
- Make live or scheduled Public Address (PA) announcements to ensure that passengers and staff are kept informed, in particular during times of service disruption, together with details of alternative arrangements and any compensation arrangements that may be applicable.
- During times of disruption ensure that notices are published on the CIS system explaining the reason for the disruption and a summary of any alternative arrangements that are available.
- Ensure that the notices on display during disruption are updated so that they are consistent with the information being published by the Information Delivery Manager and the Operational Communications Manager.
- Ensure that all trains which are being delayed by 5 minutes or more have the correct delay reason attached to it, so staff and passengers are aware of the cause of the delay.
- Maintain constant monitoring of the CIS data displayed for potential problems, identifying and clearing automated service alarms.
- Oversee the integrity of data within Darwin, including the creation of new schedules and removal of incorrect data. Also respond to any alarms raised by the Darwin Workstation
- Communicate with station staff to ensure that trains are accurately advertised and that they are being provided with a sufficient level of information
- Communicate with Network Rail Signalling staff to ensure that trains are accurately advertised, in particular with correct platforms displayed.
- Ensure any relevant information is noted while on duty, and hand this and any other ongoing incidents over to the next team on duty clearly and correctly.
- Ensure that information about upcoming engineering work on the Southeastern network is presented accurately on CIS and PA systems, and both the Southeastern and National Rail Enquiries websites
- Manage the Southeastern Twitter and WhatsApp accounts and any other social media accounts as directed in line with the Southeastern social media strategy and as directed by the Head of Information Delivery or Information Delivery Manager.
- Collate the information related to passengers who will be travelling and require assistance, and communicate to conductors to advise them when passengers who need assistance will be travelling on their trains
- Update the National Rail Enquiries “Knowledgebase” and any other system when accessible facilities for passengers at a station become unavailable.
- Provide information about Group Travel to the CIS and train displays to advise when groups will be travelling on trains.
- Monitor the service status of other TOCs which operate in the Southeastern Network area to ensure correct information is displayed at relevant stations, communicated on social media and all ticket acceptance information is up to date and correctly advertised
- Act as the first point of contact for station staff reporting any faults with the CIS Displays, and log them via the correct procedures. Ensure that all follow-up information is recorded and acted upon from station staff and suppliers
- Coach/Train new members of staff in becoming competent with all systems and procedures as requested.
- Be aware of additional applications used by the Information Delivery Manager during disruption and support them as directed in updating them.
- Ensure excellent written communication is used at all times, including the use of plain English with no railway jargon
- Update Microsoft Teams during disruption with the latest information.
- Ensure all updates on processes and procedures are read and understood, either via Microsoft Teams or email, and liaise with the Information Delivery Manager if further information on the updates is required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of the relevant geography, including stations and services operated by Southeastern.
- Good knowledge of generally available and bespoke IT systems.
- Good general education with passes in English Language and Mathematics operated.
- A good command of English language and ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to create own inputs and influence at a number of levels.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understands the business requirements for advertising of train services and announcements
- Exploits opportunities to improve results and add value to the business.
- Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way.
- Remains calm and self-controlled under pressure.
- Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 24 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays).
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SE Trains Limited