Operational Communications Manager
Manage the timely provision of information to staff on the current status of Southeastern train services, ensuring that the frequency and quality of information provided supports the Passengers Services organisation in delivering excellent customer service. Co-ordinate the provision of alternative transport, Southeastern on-call / response staff and initiate the “Chain of Care” when required in response to incidents.
The Ideal Candidate
- Good knowledge of generally available and bespoke IT systems.
- Good general knowledge of Southeastern Passenger Services organisation structure.
- Previous experience in a Customer Information role preferable.
- Ability to create own inputs and influence at a number of levels in the organisation
- Excellent communication skills.
- Resilience- Remains calm and self-controlled under pressure. Reacts well to change and stays positive despite setbacks.
- Professionalism- Interacts with others in a sensitive and effective way. Respects and works well with others.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway