We have an opportunity to join our existing team as an Operations Inspector based from Ashford.
Working within the Safety and Environment Organisation, and reporting to the Senior Operations Inspector, you will be responsible for ensuring a safe, reliable train operation in compliance with Railway Group Standards and the Company Standards within Passenger Services and maintaining the associated safety critical competence assessments of staff.
The post holder will investigate accidents/incidents via Root Cause Analysis procedures and review/update local train dispatch plans and Risk Assessments in accordance with Group and Rail Industry Standards, and in conjunction with the PTI Risk Manager, Station Manager's Conductor Managers and Local Safety Representatives.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this opportunity you will need to demonstrate the following;
- Trained in (or working towards) A1, L12, V1 (or equivalent) City and Guilds Training standards.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant train working techniques, rules, instructions and Railway Group and Company Safety Standards.
Have rules competence in the following competencies;
- Personal Track Safety (PTS)
- SE/WI/OPS/028 – Station Operatives Management and Competence
- SE/WI/OPS/029 – Train Guards Management and Competence
- SE/WI/OPS/018 – On Board Manager – Management and Competence
- Trained in “Accident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis” or working towards.
- Competent using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and be familiar with the use of iPads/Android Tablets
- To hold or working towards Practical Risk Assessment qualification.
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy and varied environment under own initiative, and successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions.
- Planning & Organising skills.
- Problem Solving skills
Before taking up the responsibilities of the post, your competence will be assessed and certified.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SE Trains Limited