Passenger Services Coordinator Team Leader
The main purpose of the Passenger Services Coordinator is to act as the central co-ordination function for Passenger Services in respect of responding to service disruption, on call mobilisation, chain of care, assisted travel plans, fault reporting, station sickness and passenger focused input to KICC logs.
Liaise with Passenger Services Managers and Supervisors in real time to facilitate the most appropriate response to differing situations and to produce a dedicated Passenger Services daily log.
This is a highly responsible role as you will oversee the day-to-day activities of the Passenger Service Co-Ordinator's. Your leadership, deployment and direction of the team will ensure they provide a welcoming environment and first-class customer service. You will also play your part in the efficient running of services by ensuring the team carry out their safety and security duties effectively. You will lead by example and role-model the company’s behaviours and standards.
This role is shift working including weekends.
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- Previous supervisory experience
- Customer Service skills/experience
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- A pro-active ‘can do’ attitude
- The ability to deal with difficult passengers
- Knowledge of Southeastern and our values
- A positive and professional outlook
- Good working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- This is a highly responsible role as you will oversee the day-to-day activities of the Passenger Service Co-Ordinator's. Your leadership, deployment and direction of the team will ensure they provide a welcoming environment and first class customer service. You will also play your part in the efficient running of services by ensuring the team carry out their safety and security duties effectively. You will lead by example and role-model the company’s behaviours and standards.
The Ideal Candidate
Desirable Experience, Knowledge & Qualifications
Skills (including any specific safety critical competencies)
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway