Payroll Relief Assistant - Part Time (12 Month Fixed Term)
We are currently seeking a Payroll Relief Assistant to provide accurate & timely processing of payroll input data.
Duties will include;
- Input of time and attendance data.
- Input of expenses claims, allowances and bonuses.
- Monitor & input Personal Daily Travelling Allowance (PDTA).
- Input of Statutory Sick Pay, allied with company sick pay in accordance with contractual entitlements.
- Investigation and resolution of pay queries, including the issue of Pay Vouchers where applicable.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for the role, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of payroll systems.
- Computer literate with a basic knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Good planning and organising skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- A flexible co-operative approach to work.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to use own initiative, but also to work as a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Detailed knowledge of contractual terms and conditions of all grades of staff employed by Southeastern (desirable)
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- 24 days (pro rata) annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays).
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,000 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway