Platform Train Interface Risk Manager
We are currently seeking a self-motivated individual to work within the Operational Safety team as a Platform Train Interface Risk Manager reporting to the Head of Operational Safety.
In this challenging and exciting role, you will be expected to develop and supply subject matter expertise relating to company standards, procedures and working practices, with focus on Platform Train Interface (PTI) Risk and Train Dispatch activities, including associated risk assessment, safety validation and implementation of the standards in to the Southeastern Safety Management System. You will be required to conduct research and liaise with industry partners to identify good practise and ensure its application throughout Southeastern operations. The role will also monitor and audit the effectiveness of, and adherence to operational standards in relation to PTI risk and train dispatch activities.
You will also need to provide expert guidance, subject matter expertise and support to all areas of the business in relation to PTI Risk and train dispatch activities and ensure consistent application and continuous improvement of these areas of operation within Southeastern.
Please note this role will require you to work across all our stations to support the business requirements.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you should demonstrate the below in your application;
- Train operations experience with an in-depth knowledge of train dispatch activities and managing PTI risk
- Competent in rules and regulations applicable to train dispatch activities
- Experience of developing standards, procedures and briefing documents
- Experience of managing projects and can steer working groups at a senior level
- Experience of identifying areas of improvement in standards and working practices
- Incident investigation experience and holding or prepared to work towards a recognised qualification
- Able to work under pressure, under own initiative and be adaptable
- Experience of problem solving
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway