Procurement Compliance Officer/Manager - 12 Month FTC
We are seeking a Procurement Compliance Officer/Manager to join our Procurement team based in London Bridge on an initial 12 month contract (potential to become a permanent role).
This role is an important component of the Southeastern Procurement team, helping the organisation deliver on legal, contractual and governance obligations and supporting collaboration and liaison between industry partners, including the Department for Transport (DfT).
The core elements of the role will incorporate:
- Maintaining our contract database (including managing our contract approval process
- Archiving and frequently updating key contractual information and acting as a key point of contract for stakeholder requests/queries)
- Acting as a primary point of contact for the Procurement team in seeking timely DfT consents (including providing regular updates of upcoming activities);
- Producing a range of department and organisation reports (including supplier spend, SMEs, sustainability and supplier KPIs)
This role will act as a conduit for the team in ensuring compliance with the terms of our National Rail Contract via both proactive and reactive approaches and support the Head of Procurement and in resolving purchasing issues, supporting processes and and will be responsible for assisting and/or managing local procurement activities under OJEU thresholds
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for the role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- A transferrable degree, professional qualification or accreditation
- A detailed knowledge of the procurement process, contractual compliances and auditing
- Good understanding and experience of procure to pay (P2P) systems and processes
- Understanding of contractual documentation and governance requirements
- Working knowledge of contract law, safety and GDPR requirements
- Stakeholder management skills and experience
- Experience of producing reports for senior management and board levels
- Knowledge of the rail industry is advantageous but not mandatory
- Ability to work effectively at management level within Southeastern, liaising with senior managers and external clients.
- Proven influencing and problem-solving skills.
- IT skills including use of Microsoft suite (Excel, Word & Powerpoint)
- Well-developed report and letter writing skills
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway