As a Production Coordinator, your duties will be split between administration duties and the general overseeing of train movements within the depot. Your admin duties will include general shift and office administration including roster and manpower management for the depot and ensuring production output is recorded and reported as required. You will also where required undertake site induction for new entrants.
You will be responsible for carrying out depot protection and isolation duties by assisting in the safe and punctual arranging of defective rolling stock. You will also update information on production boards and identify and distribute any changes that may impact on serviceable rolling stock or operations at the depot. You will assist in day to day management duties ensuring staff and working conditions are within Health and safety requirements
The Ideal Candidate
- Work in a High Pressure environment
- Work to tight Dead lines
- I.T Skills (essential) Word, Excel etc
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn and a flexible approach to work, able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Able to produce statistical information, for inclusion into graphs and reports.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 24 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays).
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway