Railway Enforcement Manager (Upcoming Opportunities)
To lead and direct a highly effective and motivated team of Railway Enforcement Officers who are dedicated to the reduction of crime, anti-social behaviour and fare evasion. To work in close partnership with other departments and outside agencies, delivering the key objectives of combating ticketless travel, low level crime, disorder, anti-social behaviour and related problems on Southeastern.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of working as a Team Leader or Manager, with the ability to manage staff and produce desired results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to write reports
- Ability to attain relevant qualifications and licences (BTP accreditation)
- Ability to understand complex information
- Computer literate, knowledge of outlook, word and excel
- Excellent motivation skills with the ability to negotiate successful outcomes
- Excellent organisational skills
- Responsive to problems and issues and decisive under pressure
- Good team leadership and a team player
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,000 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway