Recruitment Team Leader
We are seeking a Senior Recruitment Officer/Team Leader to join our team based in Tonbridge.
You will guide a team responsible for the delivery of an efficient and trusted recruitment & selection service to Southeastern which meets the business needs of the Passenger Services Directorate (Station Staff, Conductors, Admin & Management roles).
You will oversee the recruitment process (from attraction to onboarding) whilst delivering an exceptional stakeholder and candidate experience, and ensure that legislation and best practice is being adhered to.
Developing a partnership approach with the business is key, and you will work closely with hiring managers to understand their requirements, and provide support and coaching to them throughout the recruitment process.
In addition, you will support activities to improve the recruitment process, the candidate experience, and the attraction of a diverse applicant pool.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role we would encourage you to demonstrate the below in your application (support and training will be provided);
- Proven experience/success working in a recruitment role.
- Experience of motivating and coaching a team.
- Application and knowledge of best practice and legislation relating to recruitment & assessment techniques and labour legislation.
- Knowledge of candidate attraction techniques.
- Experience of building effective working relationships.
- Ability to communicate and influence with all levels of the organisation.
- Attention to detail
- Computer literate with experience of using Applicant Tracking Systems/databases.
- A relevant qualification or working towards, e.g. Certificate in HR Practice.
- Certificated to administer and interpret train driver psychometric selection processes, complying with RIS-3751-TOM Train Driver Selection
- Ideally be Level A qualified in Occupational Testing and be on the current Register of the British Psychological Society’s Qualifications in Test Use (RQTU).
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway