Are you looking for a new challenge? Look no further this could be the opportunity for you. We have an opening for a Resource Manager to manage the day-to-day operational activities of train crew, supporting the delivery of a safe, reliable, and Customer Focused train service, achieved through efficient forward planning of resources, close collaboration with the Train service Manager (TSM), proactive monitoring of the train service throughout the day, timely and accurate communication with relevant stakeholders and effective administrative and reporting processes.
- Manage train crew throughout operating periods and execute informed decisions to ensure coverage of all duties.
- Initiate and conclude investigations into cancellations and delays in Bugle and ensure the investigation results are communicated to the Performance team, Station team and the Local Operations Managers.
- Keeping accurate and reliable records, including the RM log, and ensure the full handover of key information with other RMs as required.
- Accountable for booking on all train crew, ensuring that they are fit for duty and that they meet the required standards for work.
- Distribute relevant information and notices to train crew as required, via local admin staff or management as required.
- Maintain system records for sign on, duty changes and spare & cover usage.
- Monitor relevant systems for information regarding the train service and take appropriate proactive actions.
- Closely liaise with the TSMs regarding all aspects of the train service but in particular during times of disruption to facilitate a safe and efficient service recovery.
- Ensure the station staff, as well as the Train Crews are kept informed of any potential impact on the train service.
- Introduce and liaise with disruption staff during times of disruption.
- Assist in station team delivery regarding performance, customer, and service delivery during disruption.
- Assist the Driver Managers as required during investigations.
- Update and maintain all tracking registers, to include but not be limited to sickness, attendance, AWOL, poor or non-reporting, Safety of the line, rest day working costs etc.
- Report all equipment faults to appropriate department and maintain fault log
The Ideal Candidate
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SE Trains Limited