Retail Transformation Manager
We are seeking a Retail Transformation Manager to join our team based from our Head Office in London Bridge (hybrid working) on a fixed term contract (up to 18 months).
Reporting to the Head of Retail Strategy, you will help to shape the future rail fares ticketing and retail proposition for our passengers, in the context of the stations operating environment.
You will be adept at taking concepts from strategy to roll out with excellent customer experience, diversity, inclusion and a sustainable future for our railway at the heart of all plans.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you will need to demonstrate the below in your application;
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Experience in delivering projects across large multi-stakeholder operations with the ability to lead business change
- IT services, supplier management and digital skills.
- A keen customer focus with the ability to deliver at pace as well as balance a range of factors to arrive at the right solutions.
- An adeptness at communicating to all levels of colleagues and stakeholders
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience
- Relevant experience in the successful management of major and complex change projects
- Successful experience of applying project methodologies
- Ability to demonstrate commercial and financial awareness
- Experience of working in a Train Operating Company or other transportation business which is accountable for retailing to customers.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited