Technical Service Engineer
This role will provide technical support to improve productivity, reliability growth and safety management both within the depot facility and for the wider Southeastern fleet operation. The post holder will provide a range of Technical Services including provision of maintenance documentation, technical advice, investigative services and problem solving as required.
Use of information from production and in-service experience and the Engineering Management System (EMS) to support reliability growth of the fleet, including proactive data analysis, targeted management of specific issues, development of reliability improvements, and technical support regarding materials selection, performance and specification.
The role will manage safety through analysis of rolling stock performance, management of technical risks, and provision of recommendations arising from technical investigations.
The post holder will also be required to conduct out of hours On-call FTO duties as per the weekly On-call FTO roster and hold a full UK driving licence in order to drive on-call vehicles.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a Traction & Rolling Stock engineering environment
- General rolling stock experience, knowledge of planned maintenance processes and repair of rail vehicle systems.
- General Technical knowledge of all current types of Southeastern operated Rolling Stock.
- Knowledge of IT systems, including Windows, Word, Excel, together with a good understanding of mainframe systems.
- HND / HNC in an Engineering Discipline (or a trainee Graduate Engineer)
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to evaluate and solve problems
- Ability to make sound decisions
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway