The post holder will work within the Engineering Performance Team to create and manage a catalogue of controlled documentation for activities required for rolling stock Maintenance, Overhaul and Defect Repair within the Engineering Quality Management System (QMS). This will include creating media content such as audio, videos, presentations etc.
- Manage the library of controlled rolling stock maintenance documentation, as a part of the Engineering QMS.
- Work collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders, to develop or improve the content of the documentation associated with rolling stock maintenance.
- Work collaboratively with key internal and external stakeholders to identify and implement innovative media technologies to evolve the suite of rolling stock documentation, in line with the Engineering Systems strategy.
- Support the management of the rolling stock maintenance training and competency material, in line with the document control process.
The Ideal Candidate
- An engineering/media graduate with an interest in engineering/media
- Excellent IT literacy with the ability to prepare reports, training and presentation materials suitable for large audiences.
- An ability to work successfully to deadlines and timescales.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Good thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Resilient and self-motivated.
- Motivated and a team player with a positive attitude and creative mindset.
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway