Head of External Communications
We are seeking a Head of External Communications to join our team based from our Head Office in London Bridge (hybrid working).
You will lead the development and delivery of a multi-faceted external communications strategy to build a positive reputation for Southeastern; communicating the company’s strategic projects, achievements and joint projects with partners including Network Rail.
The role encompasses building plans for communications with external audiences involving public relations, passenger campaigns, digital and social media engagement and wider external communications.
An essential part of the role is to lead, mentor, manage and inspire a team comprising campaigns, communications and press office specialists to ensure the delivery of the integrated communications strategy and protect the company’s reputation during a crisis.
To be considered click apply to complete our online application form.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role please demonstrate the below in your application;
- People management experience and a passion for leading and managing a team
- Significant experience in a communications role, preferably with Agency and in-house background
- Proven ability to develop, deliver and measure an ambitious multi-channel communications strategy for a large high profile organisation
- Proven experience in developing a PR strategy, leading a press team and managing a media/reputational crisis
- Proven experience in identifying stories (positive and potential crises), and PR opportunities
- Proven experience developing key relationships with stakeholders and influencing senior executives
- Experience of project management, time management and meeting deadlines
- Proven experience forecasting, managing a budget
- Experience of briefing and managing external agencies and suppliers
- Experience of public speaking/presenting to stakeholders both internal and external
- Experience making decisions in a high pressure, reactive environment
- Experience preparing briefing notes for senior executives
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited