IT Network Engineer Level 2
Are you looking for a new challenge? We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer (Level 2) to join our busy IT team based at our Head Office in London Bridge.
Essentially the role will be to monitor, support, maintain and develop the network infrastructure and architecture for Southeastern, including operational security and service improvement activity
This will involve working with the organisations’ network delivery and support partners to ensure uptime is maximised, integrity is maintained, and performance is optimised.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be able to get involved with interesting projects to ensure the networking impact is understood, that capacity requirements are factored into the technical delivery plan and budgets and ensure that introduction to service is successfully completed.
Please see attached job description for more information about the role
The Ideal Candidate
The successful applicant would need experience of working in a similar role and have the ability to prioritise workload to meet targets/ deadlines.
Ideally the successful applicant will have the following:
- CCNP Enterprise (R+S/Wireless) / Security accreditation or equivalent (essential)
- SD-WAN deployment experience (any product) (essential)
- Cisco routing/switching configuration and management
- Must have good understanding of MPLS CE router configuration and network operations
- Must have good understanding of enterprise routing protocols (BGP/OSPF)
- Must have experience with QOS design, implementation, and management
- Aruba / HPE switching configuration and management
- Cisco ASA configuration and management
- Cisco Nexus configuration and management
- Cisco NGFW configuration and management
- Cisco WLC configuration and management
- ZScaler Internet Access (ZIA) management
- F5 BIG-IP configuration and management (APM / LTM)
- Fortinet / FortiGate
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SE Trains Limited