IT Network Manager
Take ownership of the network infrastructure and architecture for London & South Eastern Railway, including end-to-end design, daily management, operational security, and service improvement activity.
Collaborate with the Go-Ahead Group networking team to ensure alignment between the local infrastructure strategy and group strategy.
Work with the organisations’ network delivery and support partners to ensure uptime is maximised, integrity is maintained, and performance is optimised.
Participate in IT projects to ensure the networking impact is understood, that capacity requirements are factored into the technical delivery plan and budgets and ensure that introduction to service is successfully completed.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in owning / managing a supplier relationship with a major telco at both a service and technical level (essential)
- SD-WAN deployment experience (any product) (essential)
- Cisco routing/switching configuration and management
- Aruba / HPE switching configuration and management
- ZScaler Internet Access (ZIA) management
- F5 BIG-IP configuration and management (APM / LTM)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Quality and transparency
- Good prioritising skills and the ability to meet targets
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,000 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway