IT Project Manager
We are seeking an IT Project Manager to join our team based from our Head Office in London Bridge (hybrid working) to provide project management across multiple projects that require IT involvement, varying in complexity, size and duration.
You shall be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of the designated project throughout its project lifecycle. A key purpose of the job is to shape the project, providing structure and governance, and to drive optimum delivery of stated benefits and desired outcomes.
Working within Southeastern Trains projects methodology, you will create a plan, manage delivery of the project to realistic and agreed timelines in line with resource availability and capacity, and ensure cost and quality parameters are managed through the delivery cycle, to meet deadlines
You will engage stakeholders from across the organisation during project initialisation and the lifecycle of the project, as well as working with other business project managers where the project scope expands beyond IT
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role we recommend you demonstrate the following in your application;
- Proven experience of Project Management delivery within IT
- Excellent understanding of how to deliver technology change within an environment where multiple other change projects are happening at the same time.
- Fluent delivery using structured Project Methodology and project tool kits
- Project Management qualification
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- ability to present at governance forums and board meetings
- Ability to work collaboratively across an organisation
- Experience in management of stakeholder relationships.
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern runs train services into London from Kent and East Sussex, operating almost 1,700 trains a day, carrying more than 400,000 passengers, serving 176 stations and covering 540 miles of track.
Just over 4,600 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
We have also won the Top Employer award at the Women in Rail Awards 2022!
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SOUTHEASTERN is owned by SE Trains Ltd, a subsidiary of the Department for Transport’s public sector owning group, ‘DOHL.’ DOHL has responsibility for three rail companies, LNER, Northern Trains Limited and SE Trains.
SE Trains Limited