Procurement Manager (Projects) - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract/Secondment
We are seeking a Procurement Manager to join our Procurement team based in London Bridge on a 12 month contract.
This role is an important component of the Southeastern Procurement team. The team are responsible for all purchasing requirements for the organisation and support a wide range of functions from purchase order creation, supplier management, tendering, contract and commercial support and delivering value through savings, improved contracts and supply chain efficiencies.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to deliver UCR compliant procurement projects across the full range of Southeastern’s direct and indirect categories; including Infrastructure, Operations, IT, Retail/Website & HR. The role will focus on delivery of defined projects to advance the business and meet specific deadlines to support business plan initiatives.
This will include understanding contractual obligations, proactively planning and delivering high quality tenders, leasing with key stakeholders contract and offering support in delivering framework call-offs and RFPs/RFQs, as required.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for the role, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified member of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) – or equivalent transferable degree or professional qualification.
- Experience of working in an accountable role in either a procurement, commercial or contract management with a variety of experience across either direct and indirect categories.
- Working knowledge of contract law, GDPR and UCR16 regulations.
- Good understanding and experience of procure to pay (P2P) systems and processes
- Some experience of contract management (i.e. post contract)
- Good understanding of contractual documentation and governance requirements
- Good understand of e-tendering systems/tools
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and experience
- Proficient experience of supply chain planning, engagement and producing associated reports.
- Good experience of market engagement
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 25 days annual leave entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Private healthcare
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,500 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
We are committed to being an inclusive employer, creating a workplace where everyone can come to work, feel safe and comfortable and able to do everything to the best of their ability. Read about some of the great Diversity and Inclusion initiatives our Head of Colleague Experience has been leading on here.
We recognise the positive value of diversity and it matters to us that our teams reflect the communities we serve. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation. We are unable to offer sponsorship to work in the UK.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
SE Trains Limited