Railway Enforcement Team Leader - Upcoming Opportunities
To lead and direct a highly effective and motivated team who are dedicated to the reduction of crime, anti-social behaviour and fare evasion to ensure the security of our railway by conducting high visibility patrol on our trains, at our stations and working in partnership with other departments and outside agencies.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Applicants must declare all criminal history including arrested, summoned, charged, cautioned or convicted offences including traffic related offences whether as an adult or a juvenile on their application form.
In addition successful candidates will be subject to NPPV Level 2 Vetting undertaken by the British Transport Police.
You will work a varied shift pattern that will include weekends, bank holidays and nights. Applicants not living locally to the advertised depot are strongly recommended to have their own transport to enable them to meet the shifts requirements. You may be required to start work as early as 0600 hrs and finish as late as 0200 hrs. Your working rota will be 1 week of early shifts and 3 weeks of late shifts.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience of leading / managing a team
- Previous experience of working in an environment with a high level of customer contact, ideally where you have had to deal with conflict.
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to write reports
- Excellent verbal communication and motivation skills
- Previous Office experience an advantage
- Computer literate, knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Excellent organisational skills
Southeastern recognises the value of every individual employee and offers benefits that reflect this.
As well as a generous salary, we offer an comprehensive benefits package which includes;
- A Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme
- Free rail travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services (extends to family members for leisure/educational travel)
- After a qualifying period, reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services
- Up to 32 days annual leave entitlement (which includes bank holidays).
- Access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through our benefits scheme.
- Family friendly benefits including enhanced maternity/paternity leave, parental leave and carers leave.
- Full training and free uniform
About the Company
Southeastern is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex.
Just over 4,000 employees - mostly from the communities that we serve - work together to provide this vital service and we are looking to expand our successful team. We have a strong set of values that shape the way we run our business and guide our staff in delivering what our customers need. These are:
- We aim to be the best
- We make the difference together
- We care passionately about our people and our passengers
If you have been unsuccessful in the recruitment process for the same/similar position you will not be eligible to apply for a period of 6 months from that date.
All offers of employment are subject to us obtaining satisfactory references (covering all education, training, employment and unemployment in the preceding 5 years and any previous railway employment). We will also complete right to work in the UK and criminal record checks. This is to ensure we are employing the best person for the role and to protect our customers, colleagues and our reputation.
This post will close before the intended closing date should sufficient number of suitable applications be received. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.
London & Southeastern Railway